LITTLE CONTROL ON YOUR LIFESTYLE CAN FIGHT PCOD & PCOS
Women of the age from 18 and 45 years experience the irregularity in their menstrual cycle. A little change and control on your lifestyle can help you cure PCOD or PCOS for good. PCOS is an endocrine syndrome disorder ad PCOD is a condition, and both are developed by the hormonal imbalance.
While genetics play a hinging role that you might have a hint of the disorder; our lifestyle, nowadays, is also not focused and healthy, and that leads to a condition of irregular periods.
Is PCOD and PCOS similar?
Polycystic Ovarian Disease (PCOD) or Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) both are connected with ovaries and periods, but they are not similar.
Although, the exact cause of this disorder isn’t yet found, by acquiring a healthy lifestyle and right diagnosis at the right time you can treat this problem simply. Let’s brief you the difference between the two:
PCOD: Polycystic Ovarian Disorder or PCOD is a condition caused by the hormonal imbalance in women’s reproductive system that produces male hormones in high quantity and hence leads to irregular periods. The excess secretion of male hormones delayed the egg release with a possibility that it may turn into a cyst.
PCOS: Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome or PCOS is also responsible for irregular periods and hormonal imbalance but it is an endocrine disorder. In this, the male hormones or androgen produce higher than the usual levels which lead to the imbalance in your menstrual cycle. The eggs get developed into multiple cysts that delays the release of eggs and cysts get enlarged.
Women who suffer from PCOS claimed to have increased hair growth on the face, stomach, back, thumbs, toes, and chest. It increases the risk of obesity, Type-2 diabetes, and other heart-related problems.
Common symptoms of PCOD and PCOS:
Some women start to releasing the symptoms around their first-period cycle while some discover they have PCOD or PCOS after a certain age when they start to gain weight or they are having irregular periods or there are problems in getting pregnant.
The most common symptoms of PCOD and PCOS are-
- Irregular ovulation cycle.
- Excessive hair growth around your face, stomach, fingers, toes. Excessive hair growth is called hirsutism.
- The excess production of male hormones or androgen can make skin oilier or excessively dry than usual that leads the stretch marks on certain areas like face, stomach, thighs, and lower back.
- More than 80% of women with PCOD or PCOS are supposed to gain weight.
- As there’s an irregularity in your monthly cycle.
- The hair on the scalp gets thinner and causes excessive hair fall and may lead to baldness.
- Headaches and painful cramps before and during the periods can be prompted in some women.
Risks in Long Run
- Type-2 diabetes where sugar level becomes too high, which leads to heart problems.
- Depression and mood swings are the two most common signs that can affect your confidence.
- High blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Difficulty in breathing during sleep called sleep apnoea.
- There’s a slight risk of developing endometrial cancer if you have irregular or absent periods.
How a little control over your lifestyle can cure PCOD/PCOS?
As a nutritionist, Mark Twain quoted in his words, “The way to keep your health is to eat what you don’t want, drink what you don’t like, and do what you would rather not.” Similar we can do by adopting the below things in our daily lifestyle:
- Make your diet rich in healthy nutrients, proteins, and vitamins. Eat more of green vegetables, and pulses, switch to low fat, and lesser intake of sugar. And say no to junk!
- Food with an excellent source of Vitamin C, potassium, and calcium like papaya, broccoli, green and red peppers, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, etc.
- Consuming selected nuts and seeds during your period cycle can help you fight PCOS and PCOD.
- Regular exercise, jogging, early morning brisk walk, yoga, etc. are always advised.
- Cut down excessive alcohol or tobacco intake.
How Homeopathy plays a role in PCOD or PCOS treatment?
Along with the improved healthy lifestyle and diet, homeopathic treatment can help to treat PCOD and PCOS to the root without any need for external aid.
The treatment may take longer than expected depending on your existed medical history, any genetic disorder symptoms, and all the other things. After a regular treatment for 3-4 months, you will see a change in your health, and the menstruation cycle gets regularized. The other problems like acne, excessive hair growth, anxiety, all will also be taken care of.
Best Homeopathic medicines of PCOS for best results
Several medicines are there that can treat your PCOD and PCOS to the root. Some of them have proven to be the best homeopathic medicines to treat PCOD.
- Pulsatilla: To help you control your mood swings and a constant need for fresh air and lack of thirst. The women with sensitive, gentle, and emotional nature have generally prescribed the use of Pulsatilla. Also, for those whose menstrual blood is dark in color, black, pale, or clotted.
- Sepia: If you have symptoms like facial hair growth increases especially around upper lip and chin, irregular period cycle, a feeling of irritability, cutting-off from people and family, Sepia is the best homeopathic medicine to see the results in about 2-3 months.
- Thuja: Have severe pain in the left ovary every time you do have your periods? Excessive hair growth on the face, lower back, chin, and your menstrual cycle is imbalanced? Thuja is the best prescribed homeopathic medicine.
Several other homeopathic medicines are available. All you need is a good doctor and a healthy lifestyle with regular mild exercises and DON’T FORGET TO SMILE!